Cyberherbalist

Don't be fooled by the title of this blog. I don't discuss herbs very much here. This blog is general-purpose, although I do like ranting about politics and religion.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Heavy with Turkey

Well, Thanksgiving has come and went again. This year we had quite a few family in for the affair. Thirteen of us sat around the tables, and lots of food (and now lots of leftovers) were in evidence. I had the enjoyment of preparing and cooking the turkeys (2), the mashed potatoes (from 10 lbs of raw potatoes), and the candied yams. It turns out we overprepared on turkey and potatoes --- I think we have four days of normal meals ahead of us. There's also a good quantity of green bean casserole (that my daughter-in-law made), that I am looking forward to. Usually I dislike leftovers, but this kind of leftovers is quite to my liking.

I got to meet my youngest niece, Mary, for the first time. She is a very likeable and intelligent young woman, and a good match for her twin brother, Donovan, whom I met for the first time last year. Nice have nice relatives! My brother Mark and his wife, Mary, were also there, and my son Daniel and his wife Linda, and a few other sons and a daughter. I'll avoid further calling the roll, here.

As they were leaving to go home, my sister-in-law Mary commented that she felt bad leaving us with the enormous cleanup, but I didn't see it as a problem. The cleanup can be almost as enjoyable as the preparation (packing away those nifty leftovers), in fact. I am quite tired after all this, but the cleanup is just about the least thing to blame for it. The preparation was the biggest part of the effort!

Now it is time for bed. When I commented to her that we had no need to cook for a few days, my dear wife told me that she didn't think she would be able to eat anything more for a few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home