Cyberherbalist

Don't be fooled by the title of this blog. I don't discuss herbs very much here. This blog is general-purpose, although I do like ranting about politics and religion.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War

I was distracted, as I am frequently, while attempting to tidy up my "office", when I happened upon a back issue of the magazine Military History. Trying to lay it aside without getting "off-topic" I happened to see an advertisement that caught my attention, for the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War (SUVCW). The head of the ad said: "Honor Your Heritage."

As a card-carrying amateur genealogist (that is, I would carry such a card if one were available), I happened to know that one of my ancestors fought in the Civil War on the Union side. He was Christian Frederick Stoltzman, and he served with Company I, of the 8th Illinois Infantry, from 26 Sep 1864 to 26 Sep 1865. He had only recently immigrated from Brandenburg, Germany.

So, courtesy of my great great grandfather Christian, I am eligible for member in the SUVCW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home