Cyberherbalist

Don't be fooled by the title of this blog. I don't discuss herbs very much here. This blog is general-purpose, although I do like ranting about politics and religion.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Martial Arts

I'm sure this has happened to you -- surfing the net and suddenly you remember someone from long ago and wonder about what they're doing now, so you google them. A lot of times you get nothing, but for one reason or another I happened to think about the time after I served my LDS mission when I took a few martial arts courses. One of my instructors was named Brewster and he impressed me so much that I remember him after all these years. So I thought I would see what happened to him.

When I knew him, he was instructing in a dojo associated with the Universal Kenpo Kung-fu Association, so I ran UKKA and Brewster into Google to see what would pop out. About the eighth hit was UKKA all nicely spelled out so I had a look. Bingo! Fred Brewster! And from the internal evidence I could tell it was definitely my old sensei. Had forgotten his first name was Fred. Seems he's still kicking (or since he's a Kenpo fighter, punching), and is working as an instructor in a security training company named SafeHouse. Pop over to http://www.safehouse.com/trainingcar.htm and search down the page for Brewster and there he is.

Wow.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Quietbeauty said…

    Nice reading your memories. But there's one more thing about Brewster that you should know! He is married to a 26 year old!!

    Now that's a stud!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Matthew Brewster said…

    Heck yes Fred Brewster is still kicking, after all i should know, I'm his Grandson. Hes still will take me down no problem despite his age. Fred Brewster is a real deal but kicking machine and a 10th degree blackbelt(hes at the top rank!!)
    Oh and one more thing... He's not married to her, he mearly refers to her as his wife so that she is not mistaken as his daughter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home