Cyberherbalist

Don't be fooled by the title of this blog. I don't discuss herbs very much here. This blog is general-purpose, although I do like ranting about politics and religion.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Blog Might Get Moved

I'm considering moving my blog to a different hoster. Don't get me wrong, Blogger is excellent, but I'm less in total control than if I start hosting it on my own personal web page. On top of whatever other advantage that might accrue from hosting it in my own domain, the blogging software I'm thinking of using, dasBlog, is open-source, and I could possibly make my own enhancements to it (I'm a programmer, after all).

There are dangers to moving to my own domain, of course. For one thing, Blogger is backed up to secure media more often than my domain is. So, I could lose everything without possibility of recovery in my own domain. Eh. Not sure how much it matters right now.

Well, I'm just thinking out loud so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home